Palace Street Synagogue
Brantford's Jewish community succeeded in purchasing their first synagogue in 1915. Prior to this purchase, the congregation had been meeting in members' homes, then a downtown meeting hall.
33 Palace Street was originally a residential home, but was remodeled into a synagogue. Hebrew School was also held at 33 Palace Street.
The Palace Street synagogue served the congregation for over 30 years, until the congregation outgrew the space. They built and relocated to a new synagogue on Waterloo Street. However, the Palace Street synagogue still represents an important milestone for Brantford's Jewish community. Its purchase was a big step forward for the congregation, allowing them to have their own community meeting space.